The Richmond Public Relations Foundation, the 501(c)(3) charitable arm of PRSA Richmond, annually administers the David P. Hurdle and William Dietrick Memorial Scholarships in honor of two esteemed former chapter members. The scholarship recipients are selected by the foundation’s board of directors. Each scholarship is for $1,000.
Eligibility and Submission
- Applicants must be juniors or seniors at select Virginia colleges and universities who are planning to pursue a career in public relations.
- Applicants do not need to be public relations majors but should be planning to work in public relations upon graduation.
Students must attend one of the following colleges/universities to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Longwood University
- Randolph Macon College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Union University
Application packages are typically due in early fall. The 2017 scholarship application process will open in late spring/summer 2017.