Rising Star Award
PRSA Richmond’s Rising Star Award was instituted in 2010 to recognize an outstanding new member of the public relations profession who has five or fewer years of experience in PR. Rising Star recipients are practitioners who jumped into the profession with both feet—doing incredible work, seeking out learning and mentorship opportunities, and immediately looking for ways to get involved and give back.
The recipient of the Rising Star Award is always announced at the Virginia Public Relations Awards.
There is no cost to submit a nomination and it is okay to self-nominate. However, if nominating someone else, please remember that receiving the award can be a memorable surprise.
The panel of judges is looking for candidates who display:
- Early career successes that promise future leadership in the public relations field
- Outstanding work with significant measureable outcomes
- A commitment to the values of PRSA
- Involvement in the community and volunteer service
- Enthusiasm and initiative infused with a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
Contact Abby Nurnberger, chair of the chapter’s individual awards, at email@example.com.