Board meetings are held at 10:30 a.m. on the Wednesdays of PRSA Richmond’s luncheon programs. The board meets for about an hour and then joins the rest of the chapter’s membership for the networking portion of the program.
Board members are expected to attend nine regular board meetings per year as well as two board retreats, which take place in August and December. All board members present a committee report at each meeting, and submit their reports in absentia if they cannot attend.
Board members are responsible for:
- Recruiting committee members
- Running committee meetings
- Accomplishing the committee’s goals
- Communicating the committee’s progress to the board
- Promoting the committee’s programming to the membership
- Serving as an ambassador for the chapter