The Richmond Public Relations Foundation, the 501(c)(3) charitable arm of the Richmond Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA Richmond), annually administers the David P. Hurdle, William Dietrick and Daphne Lowell Dailey Memorial Scholarships in honor of three esteemed former Chapter members.
The scholarship awards are $1,500 each, and recipients are selected by the foundation’s board of directors.
Eligibility and Submission
- Applicants must be juniors or seniors at select Virginia colleges and universities who are planning to pursue a career in public relations OR be juniors or seniors at any college – who are also Central Virginia residents – and are planning to pursue a career in public relations.
- Applicants do not need to be public relations majors but should be planning to work in public relations upon graduation.
Eligible colleges/universities include:
- James Madison University
- Longwood University
- Randolph Macon College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Union University
Central Virginia residents are those living within the Richmond MSA, which includes the independent cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights; the counties of Amelia, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King William, New Kent, Powhatan, Prince George and Sussex; and the incorporated towns of Ashland and Bowling Green.
To apply, students should prepare and submit the following items:
- A copy of their transcript (including GPA); unofficial transcripts are acceptable, but the winners may be asked for official transcripts for verification purposes
- A resume, to include work experiences and internships
- A typed, doubled-spaced, single-page essay on “Why I Want to Work in Public Relations”
Mail the application materials to:
The Richmond Public Relations Foundation
P.O. Box 29232
Richmond, VA 23242
Or, email a PDF packet to email@example.com.
Application materials must be received (not postmarked) by Monday, October 23, 2017.
Scholarship winners will be announced at the PRSA Richmond luncheon held Nov. 29, 2017.
For more information
For more information, contact Jennifer Bartusiak, APR, at (804) 747-0422 x4429 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.