The foundation administers the David P. Hurdle, William Dietrick and Daphne Lowell Memorial Scholarships, annually awarding three $1,500 scholarships in each of the former members’ names to juniors or seniors at select Virginia colleges and universities who are planning to pursue careers in public relations after graduation.
Eligibility and Submission
- Applicants must be juniors or seniors at select Virginia colleges and universities who are planning to pursue a career in public relations OR be juniors or seniors at any college – who are also Central Virginia residents – and are planning to pursue a career in public relations.
- Applicants do not need to be public relations majors but should be planning to work in public relations upon graduation.
Eligible colleges/universities include:
- James Madison University
- Longwood University
- Randolph Macon College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Union University
Central Virginia residents are those living within the Richmond MSA, which includes the independent cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights; the counties of Amelia, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King William, New Kent, Powhatan, Prince George and Sussex; and the incorporated towns of Ashland and Bowling Green.
For more information
For more information, contact Cameron McPherson, APR, at email@example.com.