Virginia Commonwealth University
Posted: July 22, 2021
The chief purpose of this position is to support the housing communication and marketing efforts for Residential Life and Housing. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing in the Division of Student Affairs, this position will provide support in the areas of graphic design, marketing campaigns, content development and social media. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing of a marketing plan, designing print and electronic communication and marketing materials, managing digital platforms such as social media and the website and effectiveness of communication and marketing initiatives. In addition, the Communications Specialist will help support and contribute to communications and marketing initiatives for the division.
Minimum hiring standards
- B.A./B.S. in communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Familiarity with designing cohesive marketing collateral and printed publications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Experience creating and implementing email marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of prominent social media platforms.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design software.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capacity to work creatively in both collaborative and independent contexts.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to make efficient use of available resources.
- Ability to understand and comply with University and State policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and good judgment, maintain confidentiality, and work under multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work strategically in a fast paced, complex work environment while effectively interacting with diverse groups of people and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Ability to author, develop and update online content.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Knowledge of photograph and videography best practices and implementation.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with data analytics and reporting.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of Division goals, operations, personnel, functions, services, facilities, and programs.
- Knowledge of student development, student learning outcomes and assessment, student affairs.
How To Apply
For more information or to apply, visit https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107101.
Posting Close Date