Director of Communications and Marketing
Virginia Repertory Theatre
Posted: November 21, 2017
Virginia Repertory Theatre, Central Virginia’s leading professional theatre company, seeks a Director of Communications to oversee institutional communications and marketing. With a budget of $5.3 million, four unique venues, and an educational touring arm, Virginia Rep reaches over 530,000 patrons, students, and teachers annually. The Director of Communications reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Artistic Director to realize Virginia Rep’s ambitious artistic mission.
- Institutional Branding - Produce marketing collateral and messaging that insures consistent brand identity across departments including ticket sales, education, touring, and development
- Mainstage Ticket Revenue – Implement audience development strategies that build loyal, diverse audiences for 15 mainstage productions with a total budgeted revenue of just under $2 million
- Media and Public Relations
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Direct supervision of the Marketing Associate, Graphic Designer, Director of Group Sales, Web Manager, Box Office Manager, Marketing Intern, photographer and videographer.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should be highly motivated with experience successfully leading the marketing team of a performing arts or comparable organization of similar or larger size; excellent oral and written communication skills; experience developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders and mentoring and managing a highly qualified, professional staff. Experience with Tessitura, dynamic pricing strategies, and targeted digital marketing a plus. Please submit a cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Lisa Kotula at email@example.com with the subject: Director of Communications Position. Please no phone calls.
Posting Close Date
December 20, 2017