Purpose of the position: in close partnership with the Director of Development & Communications and working in collaboration with the entire Development & Communications team, the Marketing & Communications Manager will develop an agency-wide marketing and communications plan for internal and external audiences.
The individual holding this role must be both creative and analytical, and possess extensive knowledge across an array of disciplines and platforms necessary to engage and expand the donor pool and increase Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond’s brand awareness.
1. Play an integral role as part of the Development & Communications team responsible for a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications strategy, supporting the entire organization toward achieving ambitious goals that align with BGCMR’s ethos of innovation and renewal.
- Serve as creative leader, project manager, editor, and principal writer for a wide variety of print and electronic projects, including annual reports, brochures, BGCMR web site, newsletters, social platforms, case materials, press articles, stewardship pieces, etc.
- Serve as key strategist on implementing, planning, and enhancing internal communications across the organization, including contractors, PT staff, and FT staff.
- Establish set of measurements and consistently monitor marketing and communications activities to determine the impact of the marketing and communications strategy.
2. Serve as a key member of the Development & Communications team, with a strong focus on assisting and complimenting fundraising strategies. This role will serve 65% of dedicated time to support fundraising initiatives.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand programmatic goals for new and existing funding programs
- Write/update or edit/review proposals and supporting materials as needed.
- Work closely with the Development & Communications team on event programs, incorporating key messaging in fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events.
- Leverages BGCMR’s events to reinforce mission and key messaging strategy, expand awareness, attract financial support and increase number of volunteers
- Formulate and express a donor-based perspective on digital content (including web and social media) to ensure it continually reflects BGCMR’s activities to serve supporters and positions the organization as one that is worthy of donor support; likewise formulates and expresses a donor-based perspective on the integration of print and digital content to ensure broad and leveraged exposure with various audiences of donors and prospective donors. In support of the fundraising staff, supports the continuous acquisition of prospects at all levels of giving.
3. Assist the organization with developing strategy for other BGCMR audiences, including Club members, parents or caregivers, alumni, volunteers, and other community partners.
- Creates a comprehensive suite of tools that reflect BGCMR’s messaging strategy and are designed to meet the specific needs of BGCMR’s varied audiences.
- Develop with agency leadership a strategic communications plan that addresses critical issues that inspire our current and potential donors, partners and stakeholders and highlight the impact BGCMR has on our members, their families and the community.
- Represent BGCMR to the press and ensures that BGCMR initiatives are understood by the media. Pitches stories, columns, editorial content to appropriate media outlets.
- Position BGCMR as a youth development leader, and present information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them about BGCMR’s impact, as well as engagement and fundraising opportunities.