Apply Today: Three $1,500 Scholarships Available for Students
The Richmond Public Relations Foundation is currently accepting applications for its three $1,500 scholarships for juniors or seniors at select Central Virginia colleges and universities. The deadline to apply is Monday, Oct. 12.
Get all the details here.
Applying is easy.
Please prepare and submit the following:
- A copy of their transcript (including GPA); unofficial transcripts are acceptable, but the winners may be asked for official transcripts for verification purposes
- A resume, to include work experiences and internships
- A typed, doubled-spaced, single-page essay focused on why you want to work in PR and how you have prepared yourself for a career in communications.
Here are some areas judges look for in essays:
- Enthusiasm for PR
- Use of AP Style
- Error-free writing
- School and work experience
- Community involvement
- PR or communications experience
Please send any questions to Cameron McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org.